Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Welcome!

Let's see how effective this form of communication will be! It's exciting to think that in 10 year's time, when this year's class is close to graduation, that technology will be even more impressive. There will be things that we can't even imagine. When I was in first grade, the Apple IIe just came out and we were using things like the ever impressive Print Shop to create signs and banners. I remember a friend of my mother's who started a business selling dot matrix banners that could be colored for things like birthdays (I had one) and other events. Now we have second graders with cell phones. I hope that this blog can be not only some reflections of our classroom learning, but a place for our first grade community to share thoughts and ideas.The new generation of technology is here and it's taking our kids with it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy,
It's great to read your thoughts about events in school first hand. Blogs open new ways of communication and we are glad teachers in Freedom 7 are embracing this new technology to reach out the families.
We are looking forward for your posts and pictures from class.

Anonymous said...

Lucy,

It's great to read your thoughts about events in school first hand. Blogs open new ways of communication and we are glad teachers in Freedom 7 are embracing this new technology to reach out the families.

Looking forward for your posts and pictures from class.